Nothing quite sings summer like enjoying a cold beer in the sunshine with friends. Good beer, good music and good food all add up to good times i n my books, and Banchory Beer festival has once again got you covered, encompassing all of these in to one glorious fun filled weekend.
Returning this August from the 9th to the 11th, this summer’s installment , the 6th so far, promises to be one of the best yet, with an eclectic and jam-packed line-up of some of the finest local offerings.
For those of you who haven’t had the pleasure of attending the event before, Banchory Beer Festival is a weekend long showcase of the tastiest local produce emerging from the best Aberdeenshire based food and drinks purveyors.
Located in the picturesque setting of the rugby pitches of Royal Deeside, the festival which has been running since 2015 thanks to organiser Mungo Finlayson, now takes place biannually.
Tremendous marquee tents are pitched to house the weekends festivities, where you’ll find multiple bars and a stage for the bands to take to.
The festival boasts a unique range of beers from both local and national suppliers, with knowledgeable and passionate bartenders at the helm to guide you through the expansive menu. Here are just some of the brewers participating this time around:
What a line up!
Not a beer fan…?
Not a problem! You’ll also find a plethora of bars serving up chilled prosecco, an array of gins and rums, tasty ciders, fruity cocktails, and even vodka too! For the very first time this year you’ll even find a craft gin shop, what a treat!
And the food..?
As you make your way up the grassy path towards the festivities, one of the first things you’ll be hit by is the enticing smell of the street food set up wafting through the air. You’ll be spoiled for choice as some of the finest local vendors assemble to bring you grub to soak up all of the beer. Here are the fantastic eats on offer this time:
Keeping you entertained from day to night are a host of local talent, with different acts taking to the stage each day. Mellow acoustics will ease you in to the day, but as the night starts to heat up, expect the music to as well. You’ll be barn dancing the night away under the festoon lights. Here’s how the acts are shaping up:
What you need to know…
Everything you need to know can be found on the Banchory Beer Festival site, but just in case, here’s a wee run down of some of the main points to take note of.
- Tickets are available NOW and can be bought from the website. They range from £14.50 for a day pass to £34 for a weekend pass.
- Your ticket includes a free entry beer from either Torr Lager or Speyside and a festival programme to keep you right throughout the weekend.
- Buying drinks works on a token basis, and to make it even easier this year, the festival has gone cashless! It’s as simple as downloading an app, topping up your tokens, and presenting your phone at the bar. Futuristic or what?! The best part is that if you’ve topped up via your credit or debit card, anything you don’t spend will be refunded when the night is over, no more waking up to a pocket full of unused tokens and regret! No need to panic if you leave your phone at home either, top up cards can also be purchased at the festival with either cash or card (but these won’t be refundable so make the most of them before the night is over!
- Sunday is family day, meaning that the little ones are not only welcomed, but will be kept entertained all day thanks to bouncy castles, games and even a kids bar, leaving you to enjoy the chilled out vibes in the sunshine.
- Stagecoach will be taking care of transport so that you can leave the car at home and take full advantage of the wonderful selection of beverages to their fullest. They will be running throughout the weekend taking you from the city centre directly to the cold beer. Get the full info HERE.
Don’t miss out on this fab weekend full of crafty contentment, botanical bliss, flavoursome food and just an all round bloody good time, and if you see me there enjoying a beer or ten, be sure to come say hi.
P.S. Head over to Instagram for a chance to win yourself a pair of tickets to the festival!